CORONAVIRUS - (COVID-19)
Covid-19 is a new illness that is highly contagious and can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Sanitizer Pro keeps your hands clean without having to wash them.
There are many precautions you can take to help prevent catching and spreading coronavirus.
Everyone should do what they can to help prevent spreading coronavirus. It is particularly important for people who are:
- 70 or over
- Have a long term condition
- Are pregnant
- Have a weak immune system
Things you can do to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water more often than usual.
- Wash your hands every time you enter a new premises or use hand sanitiser to kill any existing bacteria on your hands.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Make sure you cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve if you cough or sneeze. DO NOT COVER YOUR MOUTH OR NOSE WITH YOUR HAND!
- Make sure you put any used dirty tissues in the bin immediately and wash/sanitise your hands straight after.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has said they have any signs or symptoms of the coronavirus.
- Try and avoid public transport. Only use when needed to.
- Work from home if possible.
- Try to avoid any social activities, such as going out to restaurants, pubs, parks etc.
- Avoid events with large groups of people
- Use phone or online services to contact your GP or any other NHS services. DO NOT call 111 unless it is essential.
HOW CORONAVIRUS IS SPREAD?
There are many speculations as to what really spreads to coronavirus. Because it is a new illness, we do not know the ins and outs of how coronavirus is actually spread from person to person. Similar viruses are spread through cough droplets but it is very unlikely that it will be spread through food or packages.
TREATMENT FOR CORONAVIRUS?
There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus. Antibiotics DO NOT help as they do not work against fighting viruses. The treatment being given aims to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the illness. If you feel like you have coronavirus symptoms it is important that you self isolate yourself away from other people until you are recovered. Anyone with symptoms must stay at home for at least 7 days to prevent contamination and spreading the illness.
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
- A high temperature - you feel hot to touch on your chest and back
- A new, continuous cough - This means you've started coughing repeatedly
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you are staying at home!